Before I had Carter I was given this Moses Basket.
But once I found out Carter was a he, and not a she. I felt the ruffles had to go.
With my trusty measuring tape, I went to work.
I measured the height of the sides, plus some to make it up over the wicker edge.
Then measured the entire "oval".
Next I measured the bottom. Essentially, it's only three pieces.
Using some baby flannel, that I was addicted to while pregnant with Carter.
Everytime I went into the fabric shop I picked up at least another yard! It's just so soft!
Using my baby flannel I cut out my pieces, and went ahead and sewed them together. I sewed my red band to the sailboats first. Then sewed them into the oval shape. Then added the bottom. And actually the bottom is not sewn "right sides together" I pinned it while it was in the basket, and then just topstitched over. And it has held up great.
I'm glad I pulled this out to use with Wyatt, and share with all of you!