Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sews: Moses Basket Redo

Before I had Carter I was given this Moses Basket. 
But once I found out Carter was a he, and not a she. I felt the ruffles had to go.


With my trusty measuring tape, I went to work. 
I measured the height of the sides, plus some to make it up over the wicker edge. 
Then measured the entire "oval". 
Next I measured the bottom. Essentially, it's only three pieces.


Using some baby flannel, that I was addicted to while pregnant with Carter. 
Everytime I went into the fabric shop I picked up at least another yard! It's just so soft!


Using my baby flannel I cut out my pieces, and went ahead and sewed them together. I sewed my red band to the sailboats first. Then sewed them into the oval shape. Then added the bottom. And actually the bottom  is not sewn "right sides together" I pinned it while it was in the basket, and then just topstitched over. And it has held up great.

I'm glad I pulled this out to use with Wyatt, and share with all of you!



3 comments:

  1. Very cute! How does he like sleeping in it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, I don't know yet. Just pulled it back out and washed it. Carter did really well with it, and I was hesitant about using it with Wyatt, as I don't know where I would put it without Carter getting into it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! How does he like sleeping in it?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!