Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Revisited: DIY Laundry Soap

Now that I have finished using my first batch, I thought I would let you all know just how it went!


Here's what I mixed up this time:
(Note: Not all quantities pictured, just one of each item)

1-4lb 12 oz box borax
1-3lb oxyclean
1-3 lb 7 oz Washing Soda
2-14.1oz zote soap bars, shredded
4-1lb boxes baking soda 

** I didn't want to grate the Zote by hand, so I sent it through my Salad shooter with the shred blade!**



I've got to say, I love it! 
As you can see,  this time I didn't add the Purex Fabric Softener Crystals.
I didn't feel like they added much to the mix. My clothes didn't come out as smelly as I thought and I wasn't 100% sold on the scent. So back to the downy ball I go, at least for this batch.
 Maybe I will try Downy Unstoppables next time?

If you have sensitive skin you should definitely try making a batch! 
My husband is so sensitive that most anti-bacterial hand soap affects him, so I was a little worried when I wanted to make it before. And now with baby girl, I was hesitant too but we have had no issues!

My last batch lasted from July 1- February 1! 
(I have enough for two more weeks before I have to crack open the new batch)
So I am guessing this batch will last until September!

Do you make your own laundry soap?
Is your recipe different?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!