Monday, December 13, 2010

Costume Jewelry Trees



I wish that I could take credit for this, but I can't.  My mom can!  This is one of my most cherished Christmas pieces, and I have only had it for two years!  This piece is made with my grandmothers costume jewelry!

My mom purchased picture frames and wood to make this.  With your wood cut out a christmas tree shape, attach to a piece of wood covered in fabric and frame.  Then slowly and surely begin attaching your costume jewelry.  A lot of the "hardware" of the jewelry was taken off so the pieces lay flat.

This would work with any jewelry or beads that you can find, either old or new!

2 comments:

  1. Love the jewelry tree. And the sweater turned out great! I am a new knitter, so I should check out that pattern for myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one of those out in my garage I bought at an auction for $1.oo.
    It is covered with old jewelry however it has lights attached and they don't work.
    I will bring that in and show it off. Years ago a friend made one and used all her old rhinestone jewelry then sold it. I wanted it for the jewelry.
    I was going to take all the old earings off of this one

    Janice

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!