Wednesday, March 18, 2015

{Cooks} Bacon Mac & Cheese

Ah! Things are still super crazy here, so I've been pulling out all my easy recipes!

When my husband and I first bought our home in 2007, 
I perfected my Mac and Cheese making skills.
Little did I know, he wasn't as head over heels for Mac and Cheese as I was!
Oops!

So last week, when I decided to whip up a batch on a busy night, I decided to add something my husband loves. Bacon!


I've seen a ton of recipes online, but I just went the easy route. 
Make my Mac and Cheese, add crispy bacon crumbles!

To make My Mac and Cheese:
Elbow Macaroni, 1/2 box
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp flour
2 cups milk
2 cups cheese (your choice!)
Bacon
I cook my pasta according to its direction, drain and set aside. 
Then using the same pasta pot (less dishes!), I melt the butter and stir in the flour.
You want it to form a paste, so to speak. This is called a roux.
Using a whisk, I add the milk. I like to work over a medium heat, so I don't scorch the milk.
Once all the roux is incorporated, you start adding your cheese. 
We had some cheddar (not sharp) straight from Wisconsin! It was amazing!
 (long story on how we got cheddar straight from Wisconsin!)

Now, in a frying pan, while I cooked the pasta an cheese sauce I cooked my bacon.
Once it was all cooked, I crumbled it over top the the Mac and Cheese.
Oh my. Why have I never done this before?!?!
There wasn't any left!

What are your go to easy and quick meals?

Don't forget you can always make Mac & Cheese in the crockpot too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!