Friday, April 2, 2010

just in time for Easter!

So, let me be honest for a moment. I don't decorate for all the holidays, but I thought now that I have a child I would attempt egg dyeing. Well..  First things first. Carter who is just over one, played with a cup of water... While a friend and I worked on some eggs.

I decided that I wanted to do some blown out eggs that I could keep for next years decorating. So I started to blow out some eggs, and man is it hard! So.. I almost gave up but then it hit me!  My vacuum has a spot where you can switch the hose and blow. Hmmm. Could it be too good to be true?  Nope! It worked. Yes. I am confessing that instead of attempting to blow the eggs out,  I took and used my vaccuum hose!

All I did was, using a nail ( My sister does these every year, and she helped me get started) I slowly turned it until it pierced one end, and then repeated it on the other end. I actuallly did all my eggs, and then got my vacuum out.  I put the egg right on the end of the hose held on tight and turned the vacuum ( with my toe!) and it worked like a charm!  I got my whole dozen blown out in a couple minutes, with one explosion. I think I squeezed to tight and was wearing the egg. But oh well it was the last one!

Here are some pictures of my eggs!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!