Friday, April 8, 2011

Yarn Egg Wreath

What do you think of my yarn eggs on my wreath? I feel like I want to add something a little more but haven't found the perfect something.

I only made enough (so far) for my wreath but these would be cute in a bowl also!

Here's what you need:
Plastic Easter Eggs
Yarn
Tooth Picks or Skewers
Safety Pin
Hot Glue, Or Elmer's Glue

IMG_0020

If you want your eggs for a wreath, and need a pick in the end, start here. If not skip to wrapping your yarn.
Take your safety pin and poke a hole in the bottom of your egg.

IMG_0021

Insert your tooth pick or skewer.

IMG_0022

Starting with a dab of glue, start wrapping your yarn. Here is my vertical egg started.
Every couple wraps add a dab of glue.

IMG_0024

Continue until your egg is complete!  End with some glue too.

IMG_0025

If you like a more random yarn egg, start with a dab of glue and wrap all over.

IMG_0026

Continue until your egg is covered, and end with glue. I found this egg lost its shape a little.

Now, the most difficult egg ( in my opinion) the horizontal.  I ended up working from the top to the middle with one yarn and glue.

IMG_0028

Then worked the bottom to middle with another piece of yarn.

IMG_0029

Put them all together and what do you get? Another quick and easy interchangeable wreath!  Here was my fall, and winter wreaths!

IMG_0031

IMG_0032




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!