Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Decorative Easter Eggs!

Each year I meticulously or not meticulously blow out eggs to dye.  And that's all fine and good, but then you have to either throw them out, or hope they don't rot by next year.

So after my successful candy corn and conversation hearts, I said why not!

Painted Pretty!

Using the same steps as the corn and hearts, you create your dough.
1 Cup Salt, 1 Cup Flour and 1/2 Cup water.

Then instead of free forming or cutting out my eggs, I used a mold I was given.

Easter Egg Mold

I just filled by hand until overflowing...

Fill with Salt Dough

And trimmed with my bread knife...

Trim Tops with knife

And they are ready to go in the oven!

Ready to dry out

Place on your baking sheet and stick in your preheated oven 400 degrees ( that is now off) and leave in over night!

Dried and ready to paint!

Paint and enjoy year after year!

Painted Pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!